Sunday, February 19, 2012

Political Bio

I think the USA is the freest country in the world, but I don't think that's why "them terr'ists" hate us so much.

I believe that anyone who's been paying attention has seen our political system hijacked by corporate interests.

I think that the disparity of wealth in this country is systematically perpetuated by the super-rich who run the show, while the rest of us idly sit by and dream about how we would spend our millions.

I fall on the moderate left as far as the spectrum goes. I voted for Obama in 2008 because I was 18 and wanted to do my part. Like everyone else my age, I didn't vote in 2010. I'd vote for Ron Paul in 2012 if his social policy wasn't so crazy.

I don't like war, either on drugs or terrorism. They're both too expensive and perpetuate violence.

I think that there are people in this country that genuinely need help, and while it's our responsibility to help them as compassionate individuals, we don't, which is why the government has to spend our money on that for us.

I'm taking this class because it's required, but I hope that it gives me time and opportunity to be more up to date on current events and political issues.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment